Forum Discussion

RAMFR
Partner
28 days ago

MYOB API not working

MYOB - this causing grief - why not rollback the change so all systems are working again, then give people time to adjust their systems for the new changes. 

I have raised 2 tickets with the API team earlier this week and have not heard back. I have spoken to Phone support twice and they tell me that they cannot contact API support to see if the ticket is raised. Even worse, they were not made aware of this change.

MYOB- you need to be more customer focused in this API area.

• I've found they broke a couple of things.  I had a project built around the original SDK sample project. I've been replacing the webbrowser component in it with WebView2, but still hitting some issues.

The auth code being returned from MYOB included extra details after the ? symbol that needed to be trimmed. 

The other issue I've found is that any trailing forward slashes on your return URL can cause the token authentication to fail (despite the exact same URL working for years).

Not sure if any of these things may help, but thought I'd share some things I found.

eJulia
    Trusted Partner

My system was based on the original SDK sample too. I am currently working on replacing code using WebView2 but I am not an expert and the WebView2 documentation is remakably short of explanations for anything and so far I have been unable to find any sample code.

This is not something I would expect to have to do within a day or two. there should have been a few months notice so we could all prepare, test and deploy the fix. Right at the moment any poteential new purchasers will hit this problem up front so thats potential new sales walking away. Existing users trying to install on a new PC will also strike this problem. One of them did which is how I found out about the issue.

Also other issues like changes to the way the the return URL is handled should be advised up front.