Forum Discussion

SJBP
Experienced User
20 days ago

Existing value in bank rec on day 1 of new business??

Hello,

I have set up a new version of MYOB for a client as of 30/06/2023. I go to reconcile their bank account and $14,044.34 is already existing as of 30/06/2023. No opening balance yet. How do I find the makeup of this balance?

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SJBP,

To find the makeup of the $14,044.34 balance in the bank account as of 30/06/2023, go to Reconcile Accounts function under Banking. Select the bank account in question and set the reconciliation date to 30/06/2023. Review the Bank Reconciliation Report to see if there are any outstanding transactions or entries that were carried over.

Look for any manually entered transactions, such as payments, deposits, or adjustments, that could contribute to this balance. Check the Find Transactions window, filtering by the bank account and setting the date range to include 30/06/2023. Ensure that no transactions from before 30/06/2023 are unreconciled, as they may be contributing to the opening balance. Double check that no incorrect opening balances were entered for this bank account, even if you believe none were entered.

Regards,

Sai