Forum Discussion

Di64
Trusted Cover User
3 months ago

TPAR

Hi,

Happy EOY

We are specified as Builder Constructions for TPAR purposes.

I understand i need to report on sub contractors who do work on our behalf.

but what about builders and subcontractors who do work on OUR building?  ie replaced our roof gutters.

Are these transactions required to be part of TPAR? 

Thanks all.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Zaj,

Regarding on how to transfer the file to the ATO, you can check this link for more information. It is also important not to open the TPAR file as it is only intended for uploading to the ATO. The file cannot be opened for viewing or editing.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Zaj,

I'm glad to know that it's working now on your end. Feel free to create a post again if you encounter any issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

Zaj

Hi D,

I am able to get the supplier name and details but i am not able to get the total balance spent as if i select balance header it will come up with NOTHING as we do not have anything to pay. I managed to just manually add the spent $ but I think, we should have a system that can give us a selection report and date from what period to another period. This should be a standard reporting system.

Also I need to know how to transfer this information to ATO, is any one has a template for this so i can copy and how to get it to the ATO format so i do not have to rework again.

Very frustrating for just getting the report out and i can't do it.

Any one can help me..please

Z

• Hi D,

Somehow now it works now without me doing anything.  Thank you all.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Zaj,

Let me assist you with your concern about generating a report that can list your supplier cards. Actually, Card List Detail report is available. It allows you to view different card types such as Customer, Supplier, Employee and Personal. If you're using AccountRight, go to Reports > Card > Card List (Details) and then change the filter report base on your needs. 

Best regards,

Doreen

Zaj

Hi D,

I do not use AccountRight. I have MYOB BUSINESS LITE

I cant see card ?? Any where i can find this. 

These contacts details are in the system but just can't the report out.

The only place, i can get it out is from the supplier purchase detail report but this does not give all selection what i want. eg. email, ABN, bank details.

Any one can help me, please.

Z

• HI,

Any one can help me ? I am trying to prepare for TPAR and am new to using MYOB. I am trying to get a contacts report from " THE REPORTING "but somehow I am not able to see anything in there ?  

But  I am able to get details of my suppliers in the" contacts" which i can't export, just view only and very limited items that i can select.

So what is wrong with the system that are not talking to each other.

Can someone walk me through to fix this issue.

Thank you.

Zing

Di64
    Trusted Cover User

Thanks for the reply,

This forum is always my last point of contact for any tax questions,

but i could not find anything in the ATO about my specific question.   

Thought someone out there may have had similar situation with answer.   

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Di64 

See from ATO website here:

If your business provides these services and pays contractors to deliver them, you may need to lodge a TPAR.

and:

Include payments received when employees, contractors or sub-contractors performed services on your behalf.

Are they doing the work for you, or on your behalf? TPAR applies where a business users Contractors to fulfill its obligations to its customers, not to provide services to you.

If your building needs a roof replaced and you engage Jim's Roofing to supply and install a new roof, you do not have to report payments to Jim's Roofing. If Jim's Roofing engages subcontractors to complete the task, Jim's Roofing must report these payments under TPAR.

If in doubt, consult with your tax adviser, not acquaintances at the pub. (or on a forum:)

Regards

Gavin