Forum Discussion

RPD
Trusted Partner
5 years ago

Lodgement Error - Trust Distributions

I have tried lodging a return containing distributions from 2 discretionary trusts created by MYOB Tax software.

They are rejected with these errors: - I have disguised the TFN and Surname with XXXXs.

RETURNS REJECTED
I0566837.269// //XXXXXXXXX//XXXX, GEORGE //2020//EI
Errors
Code: CMN.ATO.INCDTLS.000381
Fields:
Summary: Non-primary production net income from trusts amount details are
incomplete
Details: Where Non-primary production net income from trusts (less capital gains,
foreign income and franked distributions) is present, both the
Non-primary production managed investment scheme amount and the
Non-primary production remaining trust amount must be provided
Code: CMN.ATO.INCDTLS.000365
Fields:
Summary: Other foreign income instance is incomplete
Details: Where an Other foreign income instance is present, at least one of the
following must be provided: Foreign rental income details, Foreign
financial investment details or Other foreign income details
Code: CMN.ATO.INCDTLS.000365
Fields:
Summary: Other foreign income instance is incomplete
Details: Where an Other foreign income instance is present, at least one of the
following must be provided: Foreign rental income details, Foreign
financial investment details or Other foreign income details

I have been able to get rid of the second foreign income error by deleting the letter G in the Trust distribution schedule.

But cannot work out the problem with the first error.

• I was having issues with your second error CMN.ATO.INCDTLS.000365 but deleting the G from the foreign income section of the Trust Distribution schedules (2) had no effect. I then had a look at deleting schedules and, sure enough, there was a foreign income schedule - no idea why it was there, perhaps this awesome software created it prior to the hotfix updates, who knows?

Anyway, I deleted the foreign schedule and lodged the tax return thankfully.

Haven't seen your first error CMN.ATO.INCDTLS.000381 yet so can't help.

Jacksen
      Valued User

I've found you are unable to delete the schedule for foreign income until you remove the "G" from the foreign income section of the Trust Distribution schedules.  

It sounds like it's one of many known issue with MYOB at the moment.

Jesh_D
    Former Staff

Hi RPD 

Thank you for your post.

Why you are receiving this message is because where Non-primary production net income from trusts (less capital gains, foreign income and franked distributions) is present, both the Non-primary production managed investment scheme amount and the Non-primary production remaining trust amount must be provided. Could you try entering a value 0 or greater at Label Share of label U Income related to financial invest?

Let me know how you get on.

Harley-GG
      Contributing User

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem. I have tried putting a $0 value in the box you suggested and also in most other boxes in the Trust Distribution schedule and the return still won't validate. The more $0 I put in the more error seem to occur. Currently I have it down to 2 error codes - see attached. Are you able to offer any assistance here?

Thanks,

Harley.