Forum Discussion

Evie-Myob
Partner
8 days ago

ABA file repeated file creation error

Hi there has anyone else received this issue?

We process an extensive amount of supplier payments each week via the MYOB ABA file creation.

Recently since the banks have started to check the name of accounts back to name provide by suppliers on their tax invoices, I cannot get an ABA file to successfully work. ANY new supplier included in an ABA file automatically renders the entire ABA file useless with nonsense error import messages from the bank. 

On closer inspection and with HOURS on the phone with MYOB and each bank, each one blames the other. The bank tells me to manually create the new suppliers in banking online before loading the ABA (yeah nah whats the point in this!) MYOB says their exports are fine and its operator error not entering details correct (complete rubbish as all details extensively checked and are correct). Furthermore, when I open the ABA file to check it (the useless file) there is NO errors with the data it holds. 

Anyone have the same issues and found a work around that does not require me to manually pay new suppliers each week? 

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Evie-Myob,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the details of the issue you're facing with ABA file creation in MYOB. I understand how frustrating it can be when you're processing a large volume payment. It seems like the issue may be related to recent updates involving supplier account details checks.

Double check the bank account names and details provided by the suppliers on their tax invoices to ensure they match exactly what is being entered in MYOB.

As the bank has suggested, manually editing the ABA file might help resolve any discrepancies between the bank's system and MYOB. However, I recommend only doing this with caution and a backup of the file in case further issues arise.

Regards,

Sai