Forum Discussion

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
31 days ago

Going around in Circles getting nowhere

Hi Folks

I am going around in circles - I have just been told by Tana that everything is fixed yet I am still not being issued correct initial tokens.

My apps are built around MS Access - and the quickest was  I found if the MYOB server is issuing tokens correctly is to post the initial

https://secure.myob.com/oauth2/account/authorize?client_id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&redirect_uri=http://desktop&response_type=code&scope=CompanyFile to a browser - chrome and I will see a code in the return address. Once I know that is working I can then go back into my own app and refresh and away it goes.

Since the 1st crash - I was off the air for 3 days until I found that this gave me 20 minute access - and told MYOB tues their refresh token was wrong.

After the MYOB fix tues - nothing worked.

I am dead - nothing gets me anything except offline tokens.

Has MYOB done something that this approach no longer works - if they are back online - what has changed.

My keys were revoked - and access permitted again - there is nothing my end that has changed.

Anyone go any ideas - surely I don't have to get access using their sdk only. I would have clients screaming for blood.

Regards The Doc

•  You're still facing issues with MYOB token authorization even after their fix, particularly with obtaining the correct initial tokens. If you're only getting offline tokens and your previous method of checking via Chrome no longer works, it's possible MYOB has made changes to their OAuth process that affect direct URL requests. It might be necessary to use their SDK to handle token refreshes and ensure compatibility with any new requirements they've implemented. If the issue persists, reaching out to MYOB support for clarification on any changes would be a good next step.

The_Doc
      Ultimate Partner

Hi jamesmid 

Thanks for the reply - that is what I am trying to get MYOB to tell me - Tana is reply to the best of her knowledge but no one is acknowledging that this is the problem - but then why are some on this forum using MS Access up and going - I am having trouble with that argument - even if there is some truth in it.

I even spun up the old Postman series showing 'getting going' and the inital GET auth code is by posting the request straight to chrome ... though this may be old series.

Problem is - all my code is built on MS Access and my original VB.Net & VC#.Net code is old and not used.

Though, in prep I have spun up a new VB.Net ( can do in VC#.Net but just like that VB.NET is so much easier to code in) - and realise I may be forced to rebuild and get my token access with Vb.Net code.

Grr - this is not doing my head much good.

Regards The Doc

Steve_PP
    Experienced Partner

I feel your pain but wouldn't rush to trying the SDK. I am using the SDK with a desktop app and it no longer works if re-authorisation is required.

After the initial issues a couple of weeks ago, registering a new app and using it's keys eventually worked. The associated production integration is still working fine right now.

However, I noticed a few days ago that trying to run from a new location was unsuccessful. As the SDK was not working, I tried making the OAuth calls directly via a listener on http://localhost:1234 because I wondered if http://desktop was the problem. I get an auth code but when I feed it into the GetTokens method, the scope that is returned is "CompanyFile la.global offline_access openid". I'm assuming from what you are saying is that the 'offline_access' part is the problem?

When I attempt to use the tokens I get a 'Communication exception: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.'

So many hours wasted. Come on MYOB what is going on?