Forum Discussion

5 months ago

unbalance balance sheet

I export MYOB premier into myob account right, but the balance sheet unbalance, please help

• Hi shanty_bws,

Thank you for your post and yes I was able to receive your private message. Please check your inbox, I replied to your message.

Cheers,

Jem

Melanie77

I have a similar issue, I tried the instructions for resetting opening balances, but my accounts are still out of balance

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Melanie77,

To better assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of the unbalanced balance sheet after you've exported and imported the data? This will help us identify the specific discrepancies and guide you more effectively on how to resolve them.

Regards,

Sai 

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi shanty_bws

The team has given your email address the ability to send private messages, you can open the private message Jemar_C sent and reply to it from the same screen. 

If you need any other help feel free to create a new thread in the forum. 

Thanks,

Genreve

• Hi shanty_bws,

Thank you for your post and I understand that it is still out of balance after the steps provided above. I can check your account for further investigation, please reply to my private message as I have asked your account information and kindly response privately for the security purposes of your account.

Cheers,

Jem

• Hi Jemar_c,

I wanna reply your message but it cant. i dont know how to reply your message. could you please give me your email address please.

regards,

shanty 

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi shanty_bws

Apologies for the delayed in response. 

When you encounter this issue, you can fix it by refreshing the historical balance. Please follow these steps:

1. Take a backup of your company file.
    2. Go to Setup > Balances > Account Opening Balances.
    3. Select an account with a $0 opening balance (make sure you remember the account - write it down).
    4. Enter a $1 opening balance for this account and click OK.
    5. Go back to Setup > Balances > Account Opening Balances and remove the $1 opening balance, returning it to $0 again.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Run the Balance Sheet again and check that it balances.

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Earl,

I try to follow the step above but the balance sheet still unbalance. Please help