Forum Discussion

dee1962
Contributing User
3 months ago

Accrual of leave while on Parental leave

Hi there, I'm using MYOB Business in NZ.  Can someone please explain to me how to turn off leave accruing for an employee while on Parental/Maternity leave for 6 months?  When I called MYOB they said to alter the Anniversary date for the employee by pushing it our for the time they are off.  I've done this but leave is still accruing.  How to I stop this please?  I don't understand how this works.  Please help!  thanks, Dee1962

AmandaCL
    MYOB Moderator

Hey dee1962jenniek

I will follow up on this and ensure the relevant training is provided to avoid further confusion going forward. Thank you Jennie for always taking the time to help others. 

Cheers, Amanda. 

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi dee1962

Annual leave still accrues while an employee is on maternity leave. It just accrues at $0 - then when they return to work any annual leave taken is paid at the average of the previous 52 weeks INCLUDING the time they have taken off - so the payrate will be less the std rate of pay. You should not be changing the anniversary date - MYOB have put you wrong there.

dee1962
      Contributing User

Hi Jenniek thank you for your reply.  So, I'll just change the anniversary date back to its original?  Wonder why MYOB told me to do that.... anyway, so I just have her now as 0.00 hours/week and $0.00/hour while on maternity leave? this should then work out at accruing at $0, right?