Forum Discussion

Verdant
Experienced Cover User
2 days ago

Do you now need a cellphone to run MYOB account right with 2FA

I've just received an email, telling me we need to set up 2FA by 30 September. In order to get 2FA you need to either use an app or get an SMS.  

We have Account Right set up on a shared computer at work.  Its all one login for 3 soon to be 4 people as its used as a POS.  One of my employees does not use a cellphone. and 2 others are not very computer literate.  So how are they going to be able to log in without using 2FA?  

MikeG1
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Verdant - all people who access your file should have individual logins and not use a shared login. 

Currently, all users associated with a file are required to have 2FA enabled, so the change being announced is that the frequency of 2FA is changing and will now be required at least once every 24 hours.

The login you are using will already have 2FA, you only need to be prepared that this will be requested more frequently than you are used to now.

I would recommend that you have each person set up with their own login, and they will be required to have 2FA as well.

Verdant
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply. We are NOT going to set up an individual login for every individual. all 4 of them work on average once a month or less. And as mentioned one of them doesn't even use a cellphone. Yes I have a 2FA set up. But currently I only have to use this when logging in online. I have never used it when logging in on our PC programme. 

What are our options? Can't we get a 2FA via an email? that is what we currently do on the 30 day cycle. I am not wanting to be called every single day someone needs a 2FA.