Forum Discussion

13 days ago

MYOB AccountRight Desktop on Windows ARM PC

I've just had to update my Surface Pro to the latest version (long story), which is running one of the Snapdragon ARM processors and Windows 11.

Looks like the Desktop version of MYOB AccountRight won't run natively on this setup, and I can't operate my business using the web based one, as it doesn't give me access to all the inventory/item maintenance stuff, or autobuilds, etc.

Does anyone know if there is a work around that will enable me to run the Desktop version of AccountRight on my new machine?

Regards,

Mike

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Mike_Solux,

Thank you for reaching out and providing details about your setup. Transitioning to a new device can be challenging, especially when it affects critical business functions. MYOB AccountRight's desktop version may not be fully compatible with devices running ARM processors, like the one in your Surface Pro. Please check the System Requirements to ensure your device meets the necessary specifications so that you can run AccountRight smoothly.

Regards,

Sai

• Hi Sai,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm looking for assistance from someone that may have successfully installed and got working the desktop version of MYOB on an ARM based PC running Windows 11, so I can potentially achieve the same on my machine.

I can install the App, and open it successfully.  However, when I got to open my online company file it attempts to open a login window and then the software just hangs.  I then have to open task manager to shut it down.

Regards,

Mike

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Mike_Solux

Although MYOB AccountRight isn't supported on Windows RT (Surface Pro OS), I understand there may be users who have found a workaround for this. While you're waiting for others to respond, it might be best to find a device that natively supports AccountRight.

Feel free to start a new thread if you need any further assistance.

Regards, 

Genreve