Forum Discussion

DALEWI
Experienced User
2 months ago

Bank Feed Matching very SLOW

In the online portal, I am having issues with the bank feeds result being very slow to load. The bank feed transactions are fine and come through properly from the bank but the matching or allocating process is constant loading with the spinning wheel being displayed for up to 30 seconds between steps.

In the Bank Transaction page

Click to open transaction is quick.

Click to select 'match transaction' - spinning wheel for 10-30 seconds

Click to filter result to 'close matches' - spinning wheel for 10-30 seconds

Click to select transaction from the list is quick

Click to save selected transaction spinning wheel for 10-30 seconds (I can move to the next transaction while it processes but it usualy result in the match failing and I have to repeat.)

It doesn't seem to make any difference if the transaction is and 'Allocate me' or 'Possible match found' it still has the long wait with the spinnig wheel. 

The spinning wheel used to display for a few seconds and maybe upto 10 seconds but now with each time the spinning wheel displays, I have to wait up to 30 seconds, it takes so much longer to match and reconcile 20-30 transaction per day. From 5-10 minute to now 30 minutes or longer with the majority of time spent waiting.

I have read other posts around various online performance issues and the suggested fixes but nothing has changed the performance I am getting in the bank transaction page. We have business grade dedicated fibre internet and my computer is exactely the same as it was a month or so ago when it wasn't a problem. I have checked antivirus software and other software but nothing is limiting or restricting performance. I don't have viruses or other issues with the computer and it works how you would expect. Nothing has changed except how long it takes the MYOB online software to display and save results during the bank feed transaction matching/allocation process.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

MYOB - do you have any suggestion other than the 'check these online performance issues' because I have already done that multiple times.

Thanks.

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DALEWI

It would be interesting to see what others in the community experience with this and if they have any tips to improve it. Also, this article 'Speed and Performance Tips' hopefully can reduce the delay. 

In the meantime, don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

DALEWI
      Experienced User

Thanks Genreve,

I'm suprised others haven't commented. I have about 70 transaction to match and reconcile today and dreading the idea of waiting and waiting and waiting as I process them. I'm expecting it to take several hours today. :-(

DALEWI
        Experienced User

After spending an hour on hold waiting for support .When the call connected, I was speaking with a consultant and on hold awaiting a response when the call was randomly sent me to the survey and ended. The next call was also an hour wait and the solution hasn't done anything. I have tried other browsers and clearing cache and I have even completly removed Chrome and reinstalled. I am disappointed to report the solution provded on the second call hasn't really done anything except take up more time. I am still having long waits with the spinning wheel of over 20 seconds each time the system looks for results.

No, it's not my internet connection, No it is not browser cache, no it is not one browser or the other. Support, can someone please look into this a bit further as it it difficult to work efficiently with long waits between each click to match transactions. I still haven't managed to get through matching todays transactions because the wait gets tiring and other things must be done that can't wait. Matching goes to the back of the queue when it used to be first task for the day.

Let me know what to do. Thanks. 

Axis
    Experienced Partner

Yes I came to look for this very issue. Why is it so painfully slow!

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Axis,

I'm sorry to hear about the slowness you're experiencing with bank feed matching. We appreciate your patience and feedback as we work to improve our software. In the meantime, you might want to try using a different browser to see if the issue persists. Sometimes, browser-specific issues can affect performance. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us make our software better and best.

Best regards,

Doreen

• We are experiencing the same issue in our firm and not only the bank feed, but also all the report generating in MYOB is super slow. Generating a BAS report can take up to 5mins, which is not acceptable as a professional software. And I can confirm that it is not the problem at our end because all our team members with difference computer, browsers and internet had the same experience. MYOB, improve your cloud reposing speed please! 

DALEWI
      Experienced User
      testfakhfklajss wrote:

We are experiencing the same issue in our firm and not only the bank feed

Not sure if this helps with your situation and it doesn't do much for reports. I have been using bank feed matching direct from the desktop version to get the transactions matched and then the online portal for the reconciliation step. The bank feed transaction matching/allocating steps are a little different but I have been able to reconcile the day so much quicker. It's still not right, but it is manageable for the time being. Reports... not sure on that one. 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi testfakhfklajss,

I understand how important it is to generate reports real time and with bank as well. If you're still experiencing slowness with your bank feeds, even after trying a different browser, it might require a bit more investigation. Sometimes, these issues can be more complex and need a deeper look. With that, I highly suggest getting in touch with our live chat. To get through to a live chat agent, you will need to get in touch first to our virtual assistant, MOCA through myob.com/support. Don't worry, if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Best regards,

Doreen

CHGC
    Contributing Cover User

Hi , I've checked all settings and am still experiencing extremely slow matching as well . Is there a fix or are we stuck with it ?

CHGC
    Contributing Cover User

Extremely slow this week ! 

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi CHGC

If after making sure the bank feeds are set correctly and trying all previously mentioned fixes the latency persists, It might be best to seek help from the Live Chat team by going through MOCA. 

Regards,

Genreve