Forum Discussion

29 days ago

Reconciling Eftpos when there is a Refund and a Payment - cannot find the refund

We issued a credit payment to a customer.  Because there were not enough payments that day to cover the credit when the daily eftpos bank settlement occured, it was carried over for several days until there was enough funds from other eftpos payments for the bank to deposit to our account.  I am now trying to reconcile by matching the bank payment with the customer payments.  I can find these in the drop down list under "match transaction" on the bank transactions page, but I cannot find the credit that was paid.  I cannot therefore balance the deposit made by the bank for the total customer payments minus the customer refund.  Any advice appreciated.

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi kberg,

I can see how not being able to match the EFTPOS transactions can delay your work. Generally, if the filters for bank transactions are all correct the transactions appear to match it. I recommend checking your reconcile accounts window to see if the transaction you are trying to match is marked check or part of previous reconciliation, as this will hinder it from appearing in the bank transactions window to match the bank feed. 

If you require further help with this, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
    Genreve