Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
2 months ago

Bank rec dates are out of sync

I’ve been having issues with bank recs for a little while and have to ask for an actual bank statement so that I can do a rec to end of month. I process the book work monthly - so I do not receive any further information for the beginning of the next month. 
When I match the transactions and try to rec to end of month date - it doesn’t reconcile. When I do a manual rec and mark off the transactions manually, the bank reconciles to the end of month. But - when I change the date on the back rec to the end of the month - it recalculates and is out again - if I extend the date to the current date (usually 4-7 days into the next month) then it will reconcile, but only if I untick anything that has been auto-ticked into that month.

So, then what I’m left with is the bank rec balancing to the actual bank statement for the end of the month, but showing the rec date as the 6th (say) of the following month. There is no way of changing that date to be the end of month date without it recalculating and showing an outage - which is incorrect.  I would think that I should be able to print a bank rec to the date that I’m actually reconciling to.

• Hi Feebie

I get that the difference in dates are hindering the reconciliation in your file. Normally, the reconciliation screen base it's transaction dates from the ledger transactions instead of the bank feeds. A workaround we could do to open the transactions for reconcile accounts screen and correct the dates to match the bank statement. 

In the meantime, it's best to post a suggestion on the Ideas Exchange board for future update consideration. 

Thanks,

Genreve

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Feebie

I get that the difference in dates are hindering the reconciliation in your file. Normally, the reconciliation screen base it's transaction dates from the ledger transactions instead of the bank feeds. A workaround we could do to open the transactions for reconcile accounts screen and correct the dates to match the bank statement. 

In the meantime, it's best to post a suggestion on the Ideas Exchange board for future update consideration. 

Thanks,

Genreve