Forum Discussion

JW-1
Contributing User
2 months ago

Can we use NAB as our BPAY provider instead of MYOB's BPAY offering?

Hi.

We want to utilise BPAY via the NAB as MYOB's 1.8% fee (of the total invoice value) is excessive.

NAB's fee is a flat 88 cents (incl. GST). On a $100,000 invoice this equates to 88 cents versus $1,800.

Can we use an external BPAY provider? 

If yes, then how do we generate CRN's?

Will MYOB's system do this for us, or do we have to generate them externally to MYOB? 

Regards

Jeremy 

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JW-1,

I see how you can save costs with another Bpay service. Since online invoice payment is directly from MYOB it certainly has a lot of benefits when recording the payments. In my understanding, if you use an external payment collection service, you may need to manually record all transactions relating to that in the file. You can also explore different integration apps that may have a way to do this. 

Feel free to post again if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

JW-1
      Contributing User

Hi Genreve

Thanks for your reply. Previously we utilised MYOB's internal BPAY offering and it came with no fee. 

Now if we want to use it, it is bundled together with Apple Pay and Google Pay with a fee of 1.8% imposed. We are cabinet makers (and issue less than 500 invoices per annum) and it is not unusual for us to invoice for amounts in excess of $100,000. This is simply a fee that we are not prepared to swallow, so we are now forced to offer EFT only. Surely there must be a way where we can manually enter the client's CRN on each invoice, with our Biller Code (via NAB BPAY) permanently entered into the MYOB system background??

Alternatively drag MYOB's BPAY away from Apple Pay and Google Pay and make it its own separate payment option, and match the standard flat fee of 88 cents (incl. GST) as the rest of the market does.

Regards Jeremy 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JW-1

I can see how expensive the total of payments becomes over time, especially in your work. I believe it's best to voice this out on the Ideas Exchange board, as it gives the idea more visibility for the development team. 

We appreciate the feedback, let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
        Genreve

JW-1
    Contributing User

Hi Genreve 

So just confirming once and for all, MYOB has absolutely no capacity to incorporate an external BPAY provider in its current system? 

Regards

Jeremy