Forum Discussion

10 days ago

Issue Regarding Payroll Payments Not Reconciling

I'm currently in the process of reconciling the bank accounts for a new company we've recently purchased. I ran into an issue when trying to reconcile payroll payments where the payroll journal won't appear in the bank transactions tab at all, and therefore won't allow me to reconcile it to the correct payment. I've dug into the MYOB forums and any posts/articles I can't find anything that's been able to fix the issue so far. 

Does anyone know what the issue may be or what steps I may be able to follow to fix said issue.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CivilSafety-Bea,

It sounds like you're having trouble reconciling payroll payments because the payroll journal entries are not appearing in the bank transactions tab. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

• Check Payroll Transaction Account and Date: Verify the account used for the payroll transaction and ensure the date is correct. Sometimes, incorrect account settings or dates can cause the transactions to not appear where expected.
    • Reconciliation Window: Check if the payroll transaction is already ticked in the reconciliation window. If it is, it might not show up for matching in the bank transactions tab.

You can also check this link for more information on how to undo bank reconciliation.

Best regards,

Doreen