Forum Discussion

ChrisP
Partner
2 years ago

Moved From Account Right to MYOB Business Lite but now realise that the payroll upto the changeover has duplicated in the ATO what can I do

ATO now has two Payrolls for Company that migrated from AccountRight to Business lite.  This means a duplication of information up until the migration, what can be done to correct this, neither have been "finalized yet"

• Hi chrisp

Thanks for your post and welcome here in the Community forum. It's great to have you here in the Community forum. Apologies for the delayed response.

To take a look into this for you, could you please send me the following information in a Private message:

• Serial number 
    • Your full name
    • Email address 
    • Business name
    • Company file name

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

• Hi chrisp 

Thank you for the details you sent through private message. I'm also replying to this post so that other users can see this post if they encounter similar issues.

In this case, you would need to check first your BMS ID since you have previously used AccounRight. Kindly go to https://onlineservices.ato.gov.au/business/ and check your previous BMS ID. After this, you will need to go to STP Reporting Centre to edit your STP details. 

• Go to the Payroll menu and choose Single Touch Payroll reporting.
    • Click the ATO settings tab.
    • Click Edit STP business details.
    • Follow the prompts to set up Single Touch Payroll until you get to the BMS ID part.
    • Click YES if it asks you if the business has been reporting previously in a payroll software
    • Enter the previous BMS ID below

After doing these steps, you will need to send an update event and check your reports. If you need further assistance, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.