Forum Discussion

Katdev
Partner
17 hours ago

Payroll not matching to bank feeds

Hi,

I am currently reconciling a client's data file for her, and some of her payrolls are not showing up in the bank feeds when matching the transactions.

The client has allocated the wage payments to the payroll clearing account instead of matching with the payroll.  Hence, when going to reconcile, there is a double up of transactions.

I have checked the payroll setup, and that shows the correct bank account.

I have also done a bank transaction search of both categorized and uncategorized transactions using the employee's name to see if any other wage payments had been matched to the incorrect payroll numbers.

The payroll numbers in question are not showing up.  

I have also done a search using the payroll reference number to see if it has been allocated to something else, and nothing has shown up.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Katdev

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Katdev,

To avoid duplicate transactions, you'll need to unallocate the transactions first. The duplication occurs because a new transaction is created once the original is allocated. And also, If you're using bank feeds and have payroll transactions to match against, it is better to match them to prevent duplicates. For detailed instructions, you can visit the help page for more information. Matching bank transactions

Additionally, the only time you can use categorize is when there are no myob transaction recorded to match against the bank feed. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,
    Earl