Forum Discussion

TrudiMBBSH
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago

Superannuation Details not entered before first pay run.

I had some employees start last week and processed their first pay on 13 JUN 22.

5 of them hadn't given me details yet and 1 who worked a few years ago had changed his superannuation fund, so his super was calculated but allocated to the wrong super fund.

The other 5, who all earned over $450 have no super calculated.

I have details to assign superannuation funds to each of them before I do the next pay run on Sunday evening or Monday morning.  

Will the payroll go back and calculate for the previous week or will I have to go back and reverse all those pays and then redo the Pay Run to trigger it to calculate the correct super for Week Ending 12 June 22.

All this STP stuff is rather doing my head in, it was far simpler with pen, paper and a work book, haha.

• Hi TrudiMBBSH,

Thank you for your post. 

If the superannuation category is ticked in each of these employees' cards, the software should automatically pick up any super that has been missed for the month in your next pay run. However, if it does not calculate, could you please create a 'test' pay run for the following month (July) and let me know if the super calculates accordingly? 

Let me know how you go. 

Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi TrudiMBBSH,

Thank you for your post. 

If the superannuation category is ticked in each of these employees' cards, the software should automatically pick up any super that has been missed for the month in your next pay run. However, if it does not calculate, could you please create a 'test' pay run for the following month (July) and let me know if the super calculates accordingly? 

Let me know how you go. 

TrudiMBBSH
      Trusted Cover User

Yes, thank you.

I did payroll last night and it calculated the 10% from last week plus the current pays.

So it is all up to date thank goodness.