Forum Discussion

chpa
Cover User
2 months ago

Expenses categories with code "6-0000" are not reflecting in Profit and Loss report

Hi,

Anyone having trouble to generate Profit & Loss report with the expenses categories with code "6-0000".

While generating profit and loss report, expenses with the above categories are not reflecting in the P&L.

Expenses with the following categories are only reflecting in P&L:

- 5-0000 Cost Of Sales

- 9-0000 - Other Expenses

Though the expenses with code "6-0000" are not reflecting, net profit is made up of these categories, i.e. net profit per P&L is after deduction of expenses with code "6-0000".

Please refer to the attached P&L, expenses categories with code "5-0000 i.e. cost of sales"  & "9-0000" are only reflecting in P&L.

Let me know how to get rid of this.

• Hi chpa,

Thanks for sending the file! It looks like the issue is that expenses with code "6-0000" aren’t appearing in your Profit and Loss report, even though they impact your net profit. Let’s try a few things:

• Clear your browser cache or try a different browser
    • Check if any filters or settings might be hiding the "6-0000" expenses
    • Make sure there are transactions recorded under "6-0000" for the reporting period
    • Consider changing the accounting method.

If the "6-0000" expenses still don't show up, it might be a more complex issue that needs further investigation. Please partner with our live chat support team. To connect with a live chat agent, please start by contacting our virtual assistant, MOCA, through myob.com/support. If MOCA is unable to resolve your issue, it will transfer you directly to our live chat team for further help.

Cheers,

Princess