Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago

Trial Balance Not Balancing

Hi - we are using MYOB Business Pro and the Trial Balance was in balance as at the end of June2023 - but now it's not. 

I didn't run the Trial Balance at the end of July, but can see it's out now for August & when I back track and run the July report - its out by the same amount in July. 

Can someone please help me with this.

Thank you.

EDIT:  Also another company file which has very few monthly transactions and run in Business lite - same thing - Trial Balance fine as at end June - but out the same amount in and Aug.

This acc is out by $4909.90

The acc above is out by nearly  $34K ...ugh

...sorry, I have no idea...

2nd EDIT: Just checked two other companies not related to the two above - both running in Business Lite - both Trial Balances are are ok as at June 2023, but considerably out in July & Aug (by the same amounts - ie each company has an amount that is out in July and repeats the same amount in Aug)

Im thinking this may be a roll over end of year issue - none have been rolled yet and wont be until cleared by accountant and end year journals are processed.

But - this does need rectifying - these reports should not be out.

Thanks - please advise

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Feebie

Thanks for reaching out. 

I understand how important these types of reports are for the business and it needs to be accurate. Generally, reports like Balance Sheet and Trial Balance show out of balance if they are run past the adjacent financial year. However, if we run these reports for the current financial year or the next financial year this would show correct values. I would suggest checking the financial year you're currently on and compare it with the report we are running. 

If this does not, we are on the current or the previous financial year and still the report does is still out of balance. Feel free to send us screenshots and more information regarding this. We'll check on this further. 

Cheers,

Genreve

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks for the reply - I thought it had something to do with the end year roll over.

I don't remember this previously being an issue in Account Right.  I don't like to roll over until I get the end of fin yr jnls or the OK from the accountant - which can take a while.

As we cant do a back up in Business or Business lite - I was told to reguarly run these reports as a safeguard.

Is this going to be fixed so the report will print correctly?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Feebie

Thanks for the reply, 

Currently, we were not informed if this was going to change anytime soon. I would recommend checking the MYOB Business release notes every now and then to see if this changes. 

In the meantime, let us know if you require any other help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve