Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Bills direct debited

I have several supplier bills that are direct debited from my bank account monthly.  I have set them up as a repeating monthly bill for each supplier.  I have tried  a few different settings to get them to be marked as paid on the day it is created by MYOB.  

Is there a way I can set this so I don't have to go back every month/quarter to manually record a payment for each of these bills?

• Hi WaydeB,

I understand that you would like to know on how you may pay the suppliers at once. Please check this link then as it has detailed information on how you may set it up.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

WaydeB

Thanks Jemar_C.  

No, I have bills which are direct debited out of my bank account.  For example my monthly MYOB subscription is automatically deducted from my bank. I have the bill set up in MYOB as a monthly recurring item.  I have to go in each month (or whenever) and manually record that the payment has been made. I would think that there should be an easier way.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi WaydeB,

There is most certainly an easier way. If you have bills that don't necessarily need to have a supplier attached to them, you may instead record those bills as a Spend Money transaction to be debited directly from your bank account. Here is a link to the steps on how to do this. 

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
        Genreve