Forum Discussion

VT3
Experienced User
25 days ago

Customers name not showing in email body

For some custiomers, I need to manually enter a name in the highlighted area. 

I have checked their contact and the Contact person field has a name there like all other customers. How can I fix this?

Asked this 2 years ago and didn't hear from anyone - Customers name not showing in email body | MYOB Community

VT3
    Experienced User

Thank you for your reply. 
    Please see attached. This has not changed since I started using MYOB.
    This issue began after the big update/refresh.
    It is definitely a bug in the system as it only occurs for new company contacts. If I create a new individual contact the name appears.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi VT3,

Thank you for your reply and for providing the attachment. For customers listed as a company, you'll need to set the email variable {{customer_business_name}}. This will automatically fill in the customer's business name in the email. However, you can only set one email variable in the email settings, which means it will apply either to individual or company contacts, but not both.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

VT3
        Experienced User

Thank you for your reply. 
        I don't want the customers business name, I want the customers first name hence the  {{customer_first_name}} being in the template. This was not an issue until the big update was done.

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi VT3,

Thanks for reaching out again and bringing this up. It seems like you're having trouble with customer names not showing up in the email body, even though the contact details are correctly entered. Let’s get this sorted! 

To resolve this, please use the email variable {{customer_first_name}}, this will automatically populate with the customer's first name. For more information, please check out this Help article: Set up your default email messages.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess