Forum Discussion

OnePic
Contributing User
8 days ago

Discount for early payment MYOB Business Pro

Hi there,

I'm using MYOB Business Pro. I'm wanting to know if there is a way to give a discount for early payment of invoices. I provide my invoices straight from MYOB and would like to give a 5% for early payment.

I'm currently doing this manually however this obviously means an extra layer of work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi OnePic,

In MYOB Business, you can automate early payment discounts by setting up customer terms. To do this, navigate to the customer’s profile and set the payment terms, specifying a discount percentage (e.g., 5%) and the number of days the customer has to pay to qualify for the discount. When the payment is made within this timeframe, the discount will be automatically applied to the invoice. This streamlines the process and eliminates the need for manual adjustments. For more details, refer to the Customer Discounts Help.

Regards,
    Earl

OnePic
      Contributing User

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I don't see an option to add customer terms on their contact card - I'm using MYOB Business Pro (online) - Can you please advise if there is a section I'm missing?

The method you provided addresses adding a discount AFTER a payment is received however I need a method that shows a reduced invoice price and reverts to full price after the discount period automatically.

I don't want a scenario where I forget to manually change the invoice amount to the full amount and the customer still gets a discount after the fact. I want there to be an incentive to pay early.

Any help appreciated

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi OnePic,

It seems you're looking for a way to apply a discount automatically when an early payment is made in MYOB Business Pro, instead of manually adjusting the invoice after payment. Currently, there is no built-in feature to automatically reduce the invoice price during the discount period. If you feel this feature would greatly improve your workflow, we encourage you to share your idea on our Ideas Board. If someone has already submitted a similar suggestion, you can vote for it to show your support.

Regards,

Sai