Forum Discussion

3 months ago

eInvoicing, Purchase Orders and Bills

Hi - I am hoping someone can enlighten me as to what the hell the workflow is for using the above...

Simply, I expect to be able to raise a PO to a supplier, and when the work / services are complete, they can send me an invoice.

Many suppliers (though not all) are moving to eInvoicing, however for those who are not I have supplied them with my In-Tray link -- so in effect all invoices (e- and standard) end up in the In-Tray.

From what I can tell, MYOB only provides me two functions:

1. Within the PO screen, I can convert the PO to a Bill.   Great.  Except now I have a separate record, with no way to link / match to the Invoice already in my In-tray.
  2. Within the In-tray, I can obviously convert the invoice to a Bill.  Also great.  Except I seemingly have NO method to link the Bill to the existing PO.

I am missing something here, or is this pretty fundamental function completely broken?

And if this just doesn't exist in MYOB (as I know it does in Xero), what the hell is the workflow meant to look like here?

Matt

• Hi Matt,

Once a document is in Uploads, you can link (attach) it to a bill you've entered into MYOB or use the document to create a new bill or spend money transaction.

Here's how to link a document from Uploads to a bill or spend money transaction in MYOB.

To link documents from Uploads

Here's how to link a document from Uploads to a bill or spend money transaction in MYOB.

1. Click Uploads on the menu.
    2. Click the ellipsis (...)button for the document you want to link and choose Link to existing bill.
    3. Select the transaction.
    4. Click Link. The document is linked to the selected bill and disappears from Uploads.

I hope this works for you.

Cheers,

Nikky

• Hi Nikky,

This doesn't work as described, at least not for eInvoices -- these don't appear when attempting to link from a Bill (if I create one from a Purchase Order).

Matt

• Hi Matt, 

Currently, you can only create a bill from the eInvoice. This feature is not available and its best to submit this as a future enhancement on the MYOB Business Ideas exchange. The more traction your idea gets, the higher the chances of getting this idea floated and implemented in product.

Have a good day.
    Nikky