Forum Discussion

6 days ago

Electronic Payment not selected when paying bills - cannot match in Bank Feed

Hello, I have a transaction sitting in Bank Feed from an electronic payment made. It seems when these bills were paid, Electronic Payment was not selected. It has been prepared into a Bank File and has already left our account. I understand there is no way to correct this now that the bank file has been created. So how do I get this to match in my bank feed? Thanks for your help.

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LHDB,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

You're right, it can't be corrected at this point since the bank file has already been created and the payment has left your account. To fix the issue of the electronic payment not being selected when paying bills, you can manually add the transaction by creating a Spend Money transaction to match the details from the bank feed. Alternatively, you can manually match the bank transactions to your MYOB recorded transactions.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers, 

Princess

LHDB

Hello and thank you for your reply. I would prefer to match the bank transaction to the MYOB recorded transactions, but I cant see how to do this as they are already closed. How do I go about this please?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LHDB

Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to match your bank transactions with your ledger transactions. Let's get your bills and payments sorted out. Since bank transactions are already processed and can't be changed, the best way to handle this is to delete the ledger transactions and recreate them to match what actually happened. You might need to delete the electronic payment and set it up again based on what you see in the bank transaction window.

If you need any more help with this, just let us know!

Thanks,
        Genreve