Forum Discussion

Rony2
Contributing User
5 months ago

Online payments are not closing the invoice

This past week, payments had by customers online are not closing the sales invoice. Is this a known glitch?

The payment receipt / confirmation that the customer receives shows the merchant fee as being deducted. I am wondering whether this may have something to do with it. 

• *Edited 24/07 to reflect the correct support instructions

• Check that you have chosen the Payment category and Fee category to record payments and fees.
      Open the online invoice payments portal go to Settings > expand Bank Accounts and select the payment and fee categories under Record payments.

• If you're using bank feeds, make sure the Payment category in your online invoice payment settings is the same as the bank account connected to bank feeds.

• If you're on AccountRight and are using cost centre tracking, make sure they are not set as 'required'. 
      You can still use these, but they must be set as 'optional'.
      To check, go to Setup > Preferences > if Turn on Cost Centre Tracking is ticked, select the dropdown Not Required
    ClaireL
    Experienced User

We are having the same issue, I opened a thread about it weeks ago.

Trouble shot against their provided articles, used their Virtual Assistant and submitted a Tech support request.

No resolution to date, and we are having to record merchant fees etc manually, and close invoices ourselves since the update to fees being applied on the go.

You are not alone in this issue. Hopefully, the more people that are making MYOB aware that they have a problem the quicker it is resolved. 

Rony2
      Contributing User

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully, this will get some attention ASAP.

Dom1982
    Experienced User

im having the same issues online payments are not offsetting the invoices and are still showing as owing. i assume this will blow up shortly as everyone would be having the same issue. since Wednesday i have invoices outstanding and clients have paid via credit card, what to do now, this is messy 

Rony2
      Contributing User

Hopefully, we get a few more comments and MYOB responds ASAP

• I am having the same issue and simply can’t find a way to completely reconcile payments and fees. It used to work, now it doesn’t. Another example of a company moving the expense and the work to the customer. I’m thinking it’s time to look at Xero as this is taking too much of my time to sort it out.

Dom1982
    Experienced User

is someone from myob going to respond to this issue its leaving invoices open and if they pass there due date the client is receiving a late payment reminder but they have already paid. your new online payment system which changed about a week ago is not working, along with this there is a small difference in the amount being paid so its not the exact amount being offset 

• I have the same problem.

How can I tell what Invoices have actually been paid?

Rony2
      Contributing User

I am using the report "online invoice payments" and then "transaction details" 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JaneBArt,

I understand how frustrating it must be to encounter these issues with payments and fees. When your customer pays, the payments and the associated surcharge are logged separately in the system. This separation is because the surcharge pertains to online invoice payments. For more information on how to reconcile payments and fees, I highly recommend to check the link here. Feel free to post again if there's anything you need assistance with.

Best regards,

Doreen

Dom1982
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen 

the main question is why arent the invoices closing off anymore when a payment receipt comes through from the customer showing they have paid via the online payments system ? 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Dom1982,

When a customer makes an online payment, it'll automatically be recorded in your MYOB business, and the associated invoice will be closed off. If it's not closing off automatically, you will need to check the Bank rules set up. You can check the link here for more information. Feel free to post again if there's anything you need assistance with.

Best regards,

Doreen

Rony2
      Contributing User

The problem is that when an online payment is made it is not closing off the invoice. 

• *Edited 24/07 to reflect the correct support instructions

• Check that you have chosen the Payment category and Fee category to record payments and fees.
      Open the online invoice payments portal go to Settings > expand Bank Accounts and select the payment and fee categories under Record payments.

• If you're using bank feeds, make sure the Payment category in your online invoice payment settings is the same as the bank account connected to bank feeds.

• If you're on AccountRight and are using cost centre tracking, make sure they are not set as 'required'. 
      You can still use these, but they must be set as 'optional'.
      To check, go to Setup > Preferences > if Turn on Cost Centre Tracking is ticked, select the dropdown Not Required