Forum Discussion

ARTmaslen_AZ
Contributing User
3 days ago

Items List is [READ ONLY]

Myself and another user both have administrator access to the file and have both created many inventory codes however a few days ago I noticed the icon to create a new code is greyed out and it seems impossible to add new inventory.

The items list itself is in READ ONLY mode.

I been through all the settings, double checked the user access, everything seems normal except for this inability to add a code.

Help would appreciated, thanks in advance.

Screenshot attached.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ARTmaslen_AZ,

It seems you've already checked your user access, and since both you and the other user have administrator rights, the issue doesn’t appear to be permission-related. Typically, only the Administrator or Owner can add inventory codes, but since your access is correct, I recommend clearing the AccountRight cache. This can help resolve any software discrepancies that may be causing the items list to be in "READ ONLY" mode.

If the issue persists, it would be best to contact our support team for further assistance. You can start by reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, at myob.com/support. If MOCA can't resolve the issue, it will transfer you to a live chat agent for more detailed help.

Regards,
    Earl

ARTmaslen_AZ
      Contributing User

Thanks for the reply Earl,

We found the problem, for some reason we each had assigned multiple roles, in addition to the administrator role, and one of those roles had a read only access for inventory. I assumed the administrator role would override any other roles however that doesn't seem to be the case. Removed the other role and bingo, we're back in the game!  

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hey ARTmaslen_AZ,

Great to hear you found the problem. This will help other users with the same issue as yours. If you run into any more hiccups, feel free to post again.

Best regards,

Doreen