Forum Discussion

20 days ago

Unable to Add Inventory

Hi there, 

I've just converted from an old offline product to Account Right online, and I've had nothing but technical issues with it. 

I'm trying to add inventory. I have created 4 individual items - easy enough: 

Now I would like to add the opening inventory for each of these products. To do so, I select ADJUST INVENTORY:

Now, I enter the ITEM NUMBER (0001-0004), but the response is that no such item exists:

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you for your help,

Tara 

• Hi TaraClark , I think you have omitted to tick the "I inventory this item" for each item. The on-hand column would have zeroes in it if you did, not be blank.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi TaraClark , I think you have omitted to tick the "I inventory this item" for each item. The on-hand column would have zeroes in it if you did, not be blank.

TaraClark

Hi Mike_James

Thank you very much for your help - problem solved!

I really appreciate your time.

Tara : )

• Hi TaraClark 

Check your Preference setting - Setup > Preferences > System. Someone may have ticked Use Item Name instead of Item Number.

Regards

Gavin

TaraClark

Hi gavin12345

Thank you kindly for your help! Unfortunately I don't seem to have that checkbox in my system preferences:

I also checked under SET UP > PREFERENCES > INVENTORY and couldn't find it there either...

Tara 

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi TaraClark 

Sorry - it is on the Windows tab rather than Security - so Setup > Preferences > Windows.

Cause is more likely to be what was suggested by Mike_James - you can only set Inventory levels for Items you has set to 'I Inventory'. If you are using I Buy and I Sell only, MYOB does not monitor inventory levels. See the Item Profile tab for each item.

Regards

Gavin