Forum Discussion

Clark_Jodi
Contributing User
2 months ago

User Access - Inventory Management

Hi, we modified one of our users from Inventory Management to Inventory User Level however for some reason they lost the ability to add new items.  We checked the rules around Inventory, in both level of users and also checked the, Manage Role section and everything seemed ok as it stated they should be able to read and write, however this was not the case.

We then made that account inactive and set up a new account using a different Username and email address and gave Inventory Management access however they still can not add an item under this new user.  Can someone please help to rectify this issue.  

Thanks

Jodi

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Clark_Jodi,

I understand how frustrating it must be to have a user lose the ability to add new items after modifying their role from Inventory Management to Inventory User Level, despite ensuring the permissions were correctly set. You can also check the Lists > Items access is enabled to "Read & Write". I've attached a screenshot below.

Best regards,

Doreen

Clark_Jodi
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen_P , thank you for your reply.

I have checked that on both of his accounts (different email addresses) and that option is already ticked yet he is still unable to add items?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jodi

Clark_Jodi
        Contributing User

Hi Doreen_P 

Wondering if you have seen my response and if you have any further ideas as he still does not have access to add items.

Thanks

Jodi

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Clark_Jodi,

Thanks for providing the screenshots for checking. You were able to tick already all the needed access in order for the user to add a new item, but he still can't. With that, I highly suggest getting in touch with our live chat for further assistance. To get through to a live chat agent, you will need to get in touch first to our virtual assistant, MOCA through myob.com/support. Don't worry, if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Best regards,

Doreen