Forum Discussion

LisaMPW
Experienced User
13 days ago

Sick Leave did not rollover on anniversary date

An employee's sick leave anniversary date was on the 21st of August 2024 where he was entitled to another 10 days sick leave.  I'm using, MYOB Business Payroll only and it did not update the sick leave and he still has a zero balance when it should be 10.  I've tried adjusting the leave and adding the balance manually, but nothing is working.  Can someone help.  Thank you.

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi LisaMPW 

You can enter this as an opening balance to get the owing balance correct.

LisaMPW
      Experienced User

That does not work either.  My employee's sick leave balance is still nil (see screenshot below), even after adding 10 days in the Opening balance (days) box.

Remember, his sick leave was supposed to rollover on the 21/8/2024 but it didn't.

I think this was down to the fact, that when I set him up, I had not entered in his 20 Max days to accrue.  I have updated that now.

Sai suggested I do this: "You may try running a pay run and use the "Adjust Leave" function within the pay run to update the sick leave balance manually. After processing, check if the balance reflects correctly."

But that 'Adjust Leave' option does NOT EXIST.

Is there someone that I can actually talk to?  This is getting beyond frustrating having to use this community forum as a way to find answers.  

I need to know how to correctly adjust his sick leave, so he has 10 Available balance (days) sick leave available as of now.

LisaMPW
    Experienced User

Hi Sai, can I please get a reply??  I need to know how to enter this employees SICK LEAVE MANUALLY before the next pay run.

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LisaMPW,

I noticed that your employee's sick leave anniversary date was on the 21st of August 2024, and despite being entitled to an additional 10 days of sick leave, the balance has not updated and remains at zero. It's unfortunate that adjusting the leave balance manually hasn't resolved the issue.

Please ensure that the leave category for sick leave is correctly set up under the employee's payroll details. Double check the accrual settings to confirm they're set to update annually on the employee's anniversary date.

Make sure that the employee's anniversary date is correctly entered in their profile. If the date is incorrect, the system may not trigger the leave entitlement.

You may try running a pay run and use the "Adjust Leave" function within the pay run to update the sick leave balance manually. After processing, check if the balance reflects correctly.

Regards,

Sai

LisaMPW
      Experienced User

Hi Sai,

The employee's anniversary date was entered correctly. No issue there.
      I did note however, that the Max Days to accrue was blank, which I now think is why it didn't rollover?  I've now updated the max accrual days, but it does say it won't take affect until his next anniversary date, which will be 21 Aug 2025.

There is no "Adjust Leave" function within the pay run - it does not exist.

So how do I manually add in his sick leave please.  Thanks