Forum Discussion

joshklat
Contributing Cover User
9 days ago

AccountRight Desktop marking invoices as Already Printed or Sent even though they haven't been

Hi,

I use Outlook to send all invoices to my clients from AccountRight desktop software. 

All of our customers are setup in their card files as Invoice Delivery: To be Emailed.

Our process:

1) When a member of our sales team creates a quote for a customer they go to Enter Sales, input the customer name and details of the items they wish to have quoted. At this stage the quotation shows the Quote Delivery Status as "To be Emailed"

2) Our sales team then emails the quote to the customer from AccountRight using Send To>Email from the sale window. They select our quotation template and MYOB pushes an email over to Outlook with a PDF attachment and it all works very well. When the email is sent, this causes MYOB to mark the quotation as "Already Printed or Sent" 

3) When our customer comes back and says "i'd like to proceed with this quote", we then convert it to an Order in MYOB where it sits until the goods are either collected or dispatched with one of our freight partners.

4)When the goods leave our building is when we invoice the sale. 

I normally open the sales register, hit the "Orders" tab, and run through the list of orders sitting in our system which are yet to be invoiced. As goods leave our building I select the applicable order and click "Change to Invoice" 

5) I then go to "Print/Email Invoices" in the sales tab, chose the "To be Emailed" tab, select all invoices that are in the list and click "Send Email"

Seems like a fairly common process and something i'd think most users of MYOB do. But the problem i'm facing is that when a quotation is emailed from MYOB in step 2, it is changing to "Already Printed or Sent."

When this quotation is then changed to an Order it maintains that "Already Printed or Sent" status.

When the order is then changed to an Invoice it again maintains that "Already Printed or Sent" status.

This creates a huge problem for us, because the invoice never actually gets sent to the client (because the transaction was emailed as a quote beforehand) which I personally think is ridiculous. The "Invoice Delivery Status" should revert back to "To be Emailed" because it has never been sent! The quote was sent, but this was long before it was converted to an invoice. 

I'd like MYOB to incorporate the 'Invoice Delivery: To be Emailed' that I've setup in my customers card files to automatically revert back to "To be Emailed" 

The only work around i've found to this issue is rather than sending the quote as an email out of MYOB to print it to PDF and attach it manually to an email. This will maintain the "To be Emailed" status on the quote, which then flows through when converting it to an order and eventually an invoice meaning it will appear in the list when going to send out a batch using "Print/Email Invoices"

I'd appreciate some feedback from MYOB Moderators if there's another way around this problem, even if it's changing to using AccountRight to email invoices (which i'd rather not do for other reasons). 

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi joshklat,

There are certainly situations where it's best to have the sales automatically be set to "to be emailed" after converting them. However, there currently is no option for that in the application. The program copies all information from the quote/order as a basis for the conversion including the "already printed or sent" status. A workaround to this is to edit the delivery status of the sale while converting it. 

As for the additional option, it might be best to create a new post on the Ideas Exchange board for this. 

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,

Genreve