Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Credit Notes/Reverse Sale

Hello. We have a customer who has several open invoices that they wish to pay. One of these invoices, the order has been returned. Now they wish for us to create a credit for that invoice then send a...
    5 years ago

Hello Lee-ann66 

While I'm not sure I completely understand the situation, I have found a few resources that may be useful to you. It sounds like your customer has paid an invoice and returned the order on that paid invoice. He now wants the return credit for the payment that was made to be applied to an outstanding invoice, is that right?

This article, Customer returns, credits, and refunds, will step you through the process of creating a credit note. As indicated in the article: "To process a customer credit for times when a customer returns an item or cancels their order, you first need to record a credit transaction and then record the settlement of the credit as a refund or by applying it to another outstanding invoice."

From my understanding, you would create a manual credit for the amount of the order returned invoice and then apply the credit to the customer's outstanding invoice. I hope this helps, and other community members who have encountered similar scenarios may be able to offer more advice.