Forum Discussion

LF5
Contributing User
2 years ago

Online payment surcharge

I have just received my first invoice for some online credit card payments.  I tried to reconcile the amount with the online transaction statement and couldn't.  I called MYOB help line and initially they were also unsure why the amounts were different.  After an hour on the phone I was told that they add together the invoice amount and the surcharge fee (paid by the client) then charge 1.8% surcharge.  Basically this means our company is being  charged 1.8% surcharge on the surcharge that the client paid for their invoice. We were also charged the $0.25c transaction fee.  I expected the transaction fee but not the additional surcharge.  I couldn't find anywhere in their fees info about this and I don't think we will be offering this service to our clients anymore.  Have we been incorrectly charged?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LF5 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

When using online invoice payments, we highly suggest to have an additional surcharge fees to the invoices that will be charged automatically to your clients. So that, the surcharge fee will not be charged to the business. If you need more information regarding this, The Help Article Online invoice payments will provide you with the information available regarding this concern.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

LF5
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen 

I ticked the box to add the surcharge to the client.  In april we issued 4 x invoices to a client who wanted to pay via credit card totalling $32,225.65.  The 1.8% surcharge was $580.06.  The client paid this and MYOB credited the funds (including the surcharge) to our account ($32,805.71).

When we received the invoice from MYOB at the end of April for the fees it totalled $591.51. This included $580.06 + $1.00 (for 4 transaction fees) + an additional $10.45.  I called MYOB to query what the additional $10.45 was for.  After an hour on the phone they determined that they had also charged me 1.8% surcharge on the $580.06 surcharge.  They didn't seem to know why this had happened and whether it should be refunded or not.

I couldn't find anything in the information that we should be charged this additional fee.  If this is part of the fee structure would you advise exactly where this is stated.  I am trying to determine if I have been incorrectly charged and should chase a refund and ensure it doesn't continue each month or whether I need to wear it.  Thank you

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LF5 

Thanks for the update.

Kindly log in to your My Account to check your invoice as it may provide you the breakdown of what has been charged. I'll be providing you The Help Article Fees and charge for online payments with all the available information. Also, you can contact directly this phone number 1300 783 674  for further information regarding the charge.

Best regards,

Doreen