Forum Discussion

BRex
Experienced Cover User
8 months ago

Re: MYOB Capture app

Thank you for your response.

I'm well-versed in using the app, having utilised it for years.  However, I'm disheartened that only around every 30-40 uploaded receipts align with Spend Money transactions.

In comparison, Xero appears to be superior with its app, allowing users to enter information into Spend Money as they load the receipt.

I was curious if there's a mistake on my end, as I'm puzzled about why the app doesn't match up more transactions.

Kind regards, 

Brenda

• Hi  BRex,

Thank you for the update. Notes added with the document through MYOB Capture will appear in the following fields when creating a transaction in AccountRight. 

• Spend Money - will be the memo of the transaction
    • Bills - will be the Comment of the transaction. If you are using the Miscellaneous layout the comment field is not available thus, that information is not added the generated transaction.

The notes from the Capture app will only appear if you have selected to create a new bill from the In Tray document. If you have generated the bill and used the link to existing functionality that note information will not be included. In addition to that, if you updated the selected supplier on the bill after initial selection it will remove those notes. 

In terms of actual comments field, it works off the previously generated comment. If you create a bill with a comment, that comment becomes the default comment in the Enter Purchase window until it is overridden by the user or the supplier's card. 

Regarding your concern about why the app does not match up with more transactions. The matching feature uses the amount and date on your captured receipts and finds any spend money transactions that match. You can review the matches and attach the document if it is correct. This way, you will not need to link the receipts in MYOB back at the office. It will be done for you. Kindly check again Help Article: Using the MYOB Capture app, when you check on this help article, scroll down and you will see the process of Matching receipts to spend money transactions. 

Please contact us again if you need further assistance. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

• Hi BRex,

We hope this message finds you well. May I know how you go on with this issue? If you still need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are happy to assist you.  

Kind Regards, 

Cel