Forum Discussion

KW20
Contributing User
2 months ago

Adjustment to 2023 Payment Summaries

The FBT - Exempt employer status amount was incorrect on most employees payment summaries for 30 June 2023.  The amount entered was the total amount of the salary packaging not the grossed up amount.  I have spoken to the ATO and was told to do an adjustment in MYOB.  How do I do this?

Eric3
    Trusted User

So, there's a whole lot of questions I have about this.  FBT - does that mean Fringe Benefit Tax?  You say that it was incorrect to 30 June 2023, but it's now past 30 June 2024, are you working on something that was last financial year?

"An Adjustment in MYOB" probably means a year end adjustment when you close off your account for the financial year, but your question is very vague.

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KW20,

I understand you're looking to adjust your summary of payments in MYOB. Could you let me know which payroll year you're referring to? We can only make amendments for the current and previous financial years. If it's for June 2023 or earlier, you'll need to manually lodge forms with the ATO. For the 2023–2024 payroll year, you'll need to undo your finalisation and make the necessary adjustments.

Here are some guides that might be useful:

Feel free to reach out if you need more help!

Cheers,

Princess