Forum Discussion

JuliaOK
Contributing Cover User
3 days ago

Annual Leave entitlements not ticked

I have a new employee that started on the 9th of September. I haven't ticked the boxes to accrue Annual and Personal leave entitlements, first payroll processed on the 16th of September. I now discovered this oversight, fixed it by ticking the boxes. How do I now record leave accrued in September by this new employee? Will MYOB automatically adjust it OR do I need to enter a starting balance manually? 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey JuliaOK,

To record the hours for annual leave and personal leave, you'll need to run a void pay run that includes only the number of hours that need to be added. This approach ensures that the leave balances are updated correctly.

Best regards,

Doreen

JuliaOK
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Doreen, 

Thank you for that. So for MYOB to adjust it by itself, I just need to run completely void run as attached with zero hrs? 

Thank you,

Julia

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there JuliaOK,

MYOB won't adjust the leave accruals by itself. You'll need to process a void pay run, and then on the pay run, include the number of hours that you need to add for annual leave and personal leave. You can refer to the screenshot below where the highlighted field is where you will add the number of annual and personal leave hours.

Best regards,

Doreen