Forum Discussion

15 days ago

ATO Payroll Reporting - summary excludes Allowance - Car

Hi,

Started using MYOB payroll in July 24.

We have a payroll category setup for Allowance Car (STP2 reporting category "Allowance - Other"). Just noticed that the Allowance is not been included in W1 - Gross Payments on the summary &/or employee page of the ATO Payroll Report.

In addition, the summary page "ATO reporting category" does not have a line for Allowance - Other? It does have a line for "Allowance - Car" - which shows a $Nil value. 

But the Employees "Payroll reporting - employee year-to-date" shows the allowance paid as "Allowance - Car". This figure is excluded from the employees W1 Gross Payments earnings.

So, main questions are:

1. Should the "Allowance - Car" be included in W1
  2. Why is not the allowance on the ATO "Payroll reporting - employer pay period" page
  3. Why is not the "Allowance - Other" listed, in line with STP2 reporting (but has Allowance - Car)

We only do monthly pays so its not that we have run the report with different dates??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Brian

• Hi Princess (great name BTW),

Ended up that even though we had setup the STP2 categories correctly, MYOB was using STP1 reporting. So have switched to STP2 reporting and sent  the ATO an update.

We must have been using payroll a number of years ago (B4 I started) and it was setup for STP?

Thanks for your assistance. 

Regards,

Brian

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi BrianS2,

Thanks for the compliment on my name.

Yes, it's possible that your payroll system was initially set up for STP Phase 1. Switching to STP Phase 2 is really important to stay compliant with the ATO.

Feel free to start a new post if you need more help in the future.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BrianS2,

Thanks for reaching out! There might be some hiccups with how allowances are being reported in your payroll setup and STP2 reporting. Since this falls under financial advice, which we can't provide, it's best to consult with your accountant for specific guidance.

But I can share some helpful threads and articles that might assist you. Here are a few resources:

Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,

Princess