Forum Discussion

DVCS3088
Cover User
3 years ago

Deduction - Workplace giving fund

Hi,

Can someone pleaase tell me the right category in setting up the salary sacrifice exempt payg in AccountRight in STP Phase 1 and STP Phase 2. The STP phase 1 does not have an option of Salary sacrifice - Other employee benefits, as per screen dump below 

• Hi DVCS3088 

Salary Sacrifice - Other employee benefits is an STP Phase 2 ATO reporting category so it will not appear as an option in the Phase 1 (ATO reporting category) field. 

As you have not moved to Phase 2 yet you will need to select the applicable Phase 1 ATO reporting category. Amounts will be reported according to the Phase 1 reporting category selected. When you move to Phase 2 the deduction will be reported according to the Phase 2 reporting category selected.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• Hi DVCS3088 

Thanks for your post. We're not able to advise on which ATO reporting category needs to be assigned to payroll categories. If you're not sure you will need to speak to your accountant or the ATO.

Salary sacrifice - Other employee benefits is an STP Phase 2 reporting category so will not appear in the available options for Phase 1. You will need to select the applicable Phase 1 reporting category in that field.

Assign ATO reporting categories

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

DVCS3088
      Cover User

Hi Tracey,

In the Deduction tab, ATO Reporting Category (Phase 1), there is no option for Salary Sacrifice - Other employee benefits, only Deduction - Workplace giving which contradicts the STP phase 2. As per screen dump below.  Because in the Payroll reporting is is showing as Deduction - Workplace giving instead of Salary Sacrifce - Other employee benefits.

Thanks, Vangie

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi DVCS3088 

Salary Sacrifice - Other employee benefits is an STP Phase 2 ATO reporting category so it will not appear as an option in the Phase 1 (ATO reporting category) field. 

As you have not moved to Phase 2 yet you will need to select the applicable Phase 1 ATO reporting category. Amounts will be reported according to the Phase 1 reporting category selected. When you move to Phase 2 the deduction will be reported according to the Phase 2 reporting category selected.