Forum Discussion

31 days ago

Payroll and Public Holiday

Hi I have run my payroll for the week and we had a public holiday. I run a spreadsheet for all my employees wages noting what is overtime and public holidays, RDO sick etc.

When I ran the Payrun Activity for that Payrun the Public Holiday amount of hours is not the same as my spreadsheet. I have double checked to make sure all who are entitled to the PH have been paid. I have more on my spreadsheet thank what MYOB is calculating. I even got a separate person to check incase I missed something but that is not the case.  My report says 500hrs but my spreadsheet says 507.6hrs so I would assume I didn't pay someone a full Public Holiday. I have had this happen before and could not find where the error was, and no one complained of not being paid the Public Holiday. Has anyone ever had this happen and how do I fix it.

thanks 

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TraceyVdm,

It's interesting how the spreadsheet doesn't agree with the pay run activity report. With the current information, it is hard to pinpoint what exactly is causing the difference. You may need to run the pay advice report and compare each pay for each employee against your spreadsheets to narrow down the search for the difference between them. 

If you need any other further help with this, feel free to let us know. 

Thanks,
    Genreve