Forum Discussion

Alltrades1
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Payslips not emailing for the last 2 times

I have 2 weeks worth of payslips that won't email the last 2 times I have don't payroll and

it also freezes my computer to the point that I have to quit the program and restart.

The Error Message is 

Code:

System.InvalidCastException

Can anyone help fix the issue please

• Hi Alltrades1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are sorry to hear that you have had that experience when emailing pay slips, and we genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter 

Thank you for providing the error message you are getting. When you email through AccountRight, the program will use Interop. In its simplest form, Interop is a Microsoft Outlook process that gets installed with Outlook so that third party programs can send emails through Outlook. The error message you are experiencing indicates that Interop is not correctly setup in the Windows Registry (Library not registered) thus when AccountRight does call to it an error message is generated.  

I would recommend speaking to an IT person in regard to that particular error message and getting Interop correctly installed on your computer. You may need to reinstall Outlook for that error. I would also recommend taking a look at the Outlook issue - Unable to cast COM object of type which also gives you some possible solutions that you can speak to an IT person in regard to. Some clients have had some success at uninstalling Office, uninstalling AccountRight, and then reinstalling both products. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

• Hi Alltrades1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are sorry to hear that you have had that experience when emailing pay slips, and we genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter 

Thank you for providing the error message you are getting. When you email through AccountRight, the program will use Interop. In its simplest form, Interop is a Microsoft Outlook process that gets installed with Outlook so that third party programs can send emails through Outlook. The error message you are experiencing indicates that Interop is not correctly setup in the Windows Registry (Library not registered) thus when AccountRight does call to it an error message is generated.  

I would recommend speaking to an IT person in regard to that particular error message and getting Interop correctly installed on your computer. You may need to reinstall Outlook for that error. I would also recommend taking a look at the Outlook issue - Unable to cast COM object of type which also gives you some possible solutions that you can speak to an IT person in regard to. Some clients have had some success at uninstalling Office, uninstalling AccountRight, and then reinstalling both products. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

Alltrades1
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Leneth,

I tried the Online Repair of my Office 365 and that has fixed the issue.

Thanks for your help

Leneth_A
        MYOB Staff

Hi Alltrades1

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. We are glad to hear it's now resolved. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the process, and we hope to continue providing you with excellent service. I will be closing the thread now. Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers, 

Leneth