Forum Discussion

cramptons
Experienced Cover User
10 months ago

Restarting a past employee

We have an employee that resigned and left in Feb this year. He was terminated in MYOB at the time.

He has now recommenced employment with us, can I reinstate him? or do I have to re enter him again???

Bluewave
    Trusted Cover User

I have the exact same question.  In our case it is a Casual who was terminated in Feb 2023, but will recommence as a Casual in Dec 2023.  Easy, as there are no leave entitlements to worry about, but I was wondering about the fields in the Employee card for Start date and Termination date.  

Is it as simple as unticking the Inactive box, blanking out the Termination box, and entering the new date in the Start date box?  As there has been more than 3 months gap, I don't want it to show his service from the original start date - for LSL reasons.

And I am assuming that this will work in STP function and also Super (no changes to his details).

PriyaSelvaraj
      MYOB Moderator

Hi cramptons Bluewave 

Thank you for reaching out to MYOB community!

The same employee card can be reused. As Bluewave  mentioned it involves simply unticking the inactive box and remove the termination date. Change the start date to reflect the new start date and undo the STP finalisation to continue with STP reporting.

For detailed information refer to the link Reinstating an employee - MYOB AccountRight - MYOB Help Centre.

Regards

Priya Selvaraj

Bluewave
        Trusted Cover User

Thanks Priya, that is the info that I was after!  :smileyhappy: