Forum Discussion

Chellie2205
Experienced User
2 months ago

Reversed pay in Prepare Electronic payments

Hi there, i've tried chatting online and over the phone to MYOB, but they just don't understand my problem.  A pay run was done as usual, bank ABA file created and all paid.  However, after i discovered 1 employee had been over paid.  So i reversed his pay only.  The reversed pay still sits in in Payroll, Prepare Electronic Payments - i just don't know what to do with this.  If i record the ABA file it goes to my Bank Rec, but it won't match with anything.  TIA :-) 

Chellie2205
    Experienced User

Hi Jem, it wasn't recorded incorrectly.  The pay needed to be reversed and then re-done, which is was.  My problem is that the reversed pay sits in Prepare Electronic Payments.... i can't record a bank file as it will go to my bank rec, which i can't reconcile.

Tweedy

the two files should balance each other out in your bank rec   You can record but dont send to file to the bank  Miss the final step of processing.  

• Hi Chellie2205,

I understand that you are trying to reverse pay via prepare electronic payments. Please check this thread as it has detailed information on how you may reverse it and see if all the steps have been followed.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

Chellie2205
      Experienced User

Hi Jem, no i've already reversed the pay - but it sits in the Payroll, prepare electonic payments - and i can't get rid of it.  

Jemar_C
        Valued User

Hi Chellie2205,

If an electronic payment was recorded incorrectly, it can be deleted. Note that this only deletes the electronic payment transaction in AccountRight and has no effect on the electronic bank file. You may find the details instructions here in this link.

Cheers,

Jem