Forum Discussion

Kathy_Southside
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago

Study Leave Payroll Category

I would like to setup a new payroll category for Study Leave.   Setting up the category under the Wages Information tab seems easy enough - Name:   Study Leave; ATO Reporting Category-Gross Payments; Regular Ratge Multiplied by 1.0, and automatically Adjust Base Hourly.    However under the Entitlement Information tab I am not so sure.  7.5 Hours (1 day) paid will be earned for each course enrolled in.   It will not be accumulative however I do want to show it being taken and therefore showing the entitlement used.   Any suggestions please on how to do this.   Thank you

• HI Kathy_Southside 

One way that this could be achieved within AccountRight, would be to set the entitlement to User Entered Amount per Pay Period. This calculation basis doesn’t automatically accumulate additional hours, instead it requires whoever is performing the pay to enter the hours in manually.

This calculation basis would allow you to record the number of hours being paid out in the wage category and the entitlement being given on the same pay. This will also ensure that the balance on that entitlement remains at zero in terms of hours carried forward

Neil_M
    Former Staff

HI Kathy_Southside 

One way that this could be achieved within AccountRight, would be to set the entitlement to User Entered Amount per Pay Period. This calculation basis doesn’t automatically accumulate additional hours, instead it requires whoever is performing the pay to enter the hours in manually.

This calculation basis would allow you to record the number of hours being paid out in the wage category and the entitlement being given on the same pay. This will also ensure that the balance on that entitlement remains at zero in terms of hours carried forward