Forum Discussion

Happygirl
Experienced User
3 years ago

User Access to Payroll

G'day

Should a user be able to see Payroll Reports despite the fact they have not been granted permission to access the payroll module???

Makes no sense if that is the case and equally very concerning.

• Hello Happygirl 

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Have you managed to get this sorted? I apologise I failed to notice you mention the reports specifically, you will also need to make sure the user role doesn't have access to the reports. 

You will need to make sure that under the area of the role you don't have access to the payroll reports, which might be ticked under another category.

Please let me know how you go.

• Hello Happygirl 

They shouldn't be able to if they do not have access no. Can you please confirm that they don't have read or write access for the payroll area?

I have attached a Help Article about user roles which will assist in setting up their role. 

I'd also note that if this user is an administrator, they will have access to all features.

I hope this information assists you.

Happygirl
      Experienced User

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for your response :-) 

- They are not set up as Administrators.

- The payroll is greyed out in the command centre and cannot be accessed.

When setting up a new user.. Am I correct in thinking the admin is required deny (where applicable) users the right to BOTH the Payroll Command Centre AND reports. 

I am the relevant user (set up by an Admin) and this is the first time that I have noticed that I have rights to the Payroll reports area. Not sure if is a hitch or perhaps something that I have never noticed before? Obviously this is a "security" concern. :-) 

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello Happygirl 

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Have you managed to get this sorted? I apologise I failed to notice you mention the reports specifically, you will also need to make sure the user role doesn't have access to the reports. 

You will need to make sure that under the area of the role you don't have access to the payroll reports, which might be ticked under another category.

Please let me know how you go.