Forum Discussion

3 months ago

Wages paid in advance and ATO Verification report

Hi, 

My ATO verification report is out compared to my Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports on desktop.

It is exactly the amount of wages that have been paid in advance.... 

As the "wages paid in advance" are adhoc and a short term loan... they are not reportable till the wages have been earned... As per normal payroll... then the repayment is processed as a deduction to settle it...

Am I missing something here?

Do I just proceed with the EOY finalisation as is?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Lolo82

It sounds like you've got a bit of a discrepancy between your ATO verification report and your Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports. Just to clarify, the Payroll Register report pulls info from the employee card file pay history, while the Payroll Activity report covers recorded pay runs.

For the ATO verification report, if things aren't adding up, it's a good idea to also check the Year-to-Date (YTD) verification report in MYOB. If all three reports (Payroll Register, Payroll Activity, and YTD verification) show the correct figures, then you're good to go with what's being submitted to the ATO. You can also check the link here for more information. If you need more help untangling this, feel free to reach out!

Best regards,

Doreen

• Hi Doreen, 

In my payroll activity report and my register report both match... 

My staff members total wages ($29,870.38) includes the wages paid in advance... of $1000...  minus the deduction (for the repayment $1000) totalling to $28870.38

When I look at this staff members summary of payments report it totals $28,870.38. 

As I understand it, wages paid in advance as an ad hoc payment are not reportable to the ato until repaid. 

So my total of wages paid comparing the Y2D report to the payroll activity will always be out by the $1000.... 

Or do I just leave it as the total wages paid minus the $1000 equals the year to date? 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Lolo82

As long as the payroll reports reports are correct and the figures agree to each other, you're good to go. However, it would still be best to check with your accountant first if it's okay to leave the total wages minus the ad hoc payment.

Best regards,

Doreen