Forum Discussion

RP1
Contributing User
7 days ago

Sales Items not posting to linked GL account

A review of my P&L has shown sales of a particular item is down by a very significant number. I checked the History in item sales and it shows a number that I expected. This is not showing in the P&L sales for this GL code.

I reviewed the sales invoice of a few transactions and many of these are not posting to the GL code. They all appear correctly recorded. There is no data entry error.

I am hugely concerned as now I have no faith that any of the item sales are correct as related to the P&L.

1. Why is this happening and is it a known problem with MYOB?
  2. The Accountant is very concerned as to why this is happening and would like to know if there is anyway to cross check that the item sales are reconciling to the P&L. Most of our sales are entered as Item sales.

Has anyone else ever had this problem.

I would like to escalate this as quickly as possible.

Thanks 

Rose

• I would check if  the Profit Loss on a cash basis which won't catch unpaid sales invoice

RP1
      Contributing User

Thank you but the answer however we found after much investigation that the recurring transaction was corrupt. It is a little known but real thing. We deleted the recurring item sale and created a new one and it worked. Bit of worry but by using Recap transaction we could see that the income was going to another account.

• Hi RP1 

Not a known issue as far as I am aware. I have examined hundreds of inventory transactions across multiple files, and while some issues are common, this is not one of them.

Check the Item Profile to see the linked Sales account (screenshot). Examine an affected sale transaction in the Transaction Journal and include a screenshot of the Transaction Journal entry showing the amounts posted to the various account. Someone might be able to see what is happening.

Regards

Gavin