Forum Discussion

poppies230762
Experienced Cover User
11 days ago

AccountRight V19.16 Plus

Help please!  I can not open any of my data files that I still use the desktop app of AccountRight V19.16 Plus.  It keeps coming up "initialisation error".  I have spent 3 hours now searching for a solution.

I have uninstalled the program and then reinstalled it by scrolling waaaay down the updates within my account (last full install was 2019). 

Today I can not open any of the data files that I use this version of MYOB for - it was fine last week.

Has something changed?

I would so greatly appreciate all of your help as these files are very important!  Thank you!

• Hi poppies230762

This issue typically arises after the software has been installed successfully but fails when attempting to open data files, which prevents the program from functioning properly.

The error is often associated with changes in system settings or updates in newer operating systems like Windows Server 2019. These settings and updates can differ significantly from those in older systems like Windows Server 2016, where the software may have operated without issues.

I recommend visiting this post, which provides detailed steps to help resolve this issue. Initialisation error

Regards,
    Earl

poppies230762
    Experienced Cover User

Thank you SO MUCH Earl!  The information in the link you provided worked!  Greatly appreciate your time!

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi poppies230762

You're welcome. Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
      Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi poppies230762

This issue typically arises after the software has been installed successfully but fails when attempting to open data files, which prevents the program from functioning properly.

The error is often associated with changes in system settings or updates in newer operating systems like Windows Server 2019. These settings and updates can differ significantly from those in older systems like Windows Server 2016, where the software may have operated without issues.

I recommend visiting this post, which provides detailed steps to help resolve this issue. Initialisation error

Regards,
    Earl