Forum Discussion

LJZ
Contributing User
2 days ago

Consolidated 'Job Profit & Loss Statement' does not agree to 'Profit and Loss Statement' report

Wondering if someone can please help me? We use the 'job' feature in MYOB AccountRight to be able to report on the performance of each of our business 'departments' (a.k.a. 'jobs'). However, on running a consolidated 'Job Profit & Loss Statement' report for a given period and including ALL jobs (both active and inactive) and comparing this to the 'Profit and Loss Statement' report, I have found that the two reports don't agree. I have subsequently run the 'Job Exceptions' reports (for both cash and invoice transactions) on the offchance that an entry has been recorded without a 'job' code, but these reports have not detected any issues. Has anybody else encountered this and/or can tell me what I am missing?  The variance isn't huge (< $1k for the first quarter) but it is concerning that these two reports don't agree. To this end, I don't feel as though I can trust the 'Job Profit & Loss Statement' report. Thanks in advance for your help/feedback!

PS - it is worth noting that we code all payroll items to 'jobs' during payroll processing so this is not the reason for the variance.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LJZ

We are currently aware of the issue you're experiencing. As a workaround, you can export the report to PDF to validate the information on the report. If you continue to encounter the same issue, we recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance. The best ways to contact our support team are through live chat (via our virtual assistant MOCA) or by raising a support ticket through myaccount.myob.com.

Regards,
    Earl