Forum Discussion

AAW12
Trusted Partner
2 months ago

Session Security Audit report

I have a few users that appears to be persistently logged into MYOB, they are generally accountants or the business owners.

when we log in, the report shows login and logout times only.

I have just set up a business owner for ledger access and it has 7 entries for 4 pm then duplicate entires every couple of minutes. She was only logged in for 4 minutes but there is almost a page of entries for that 4 minutes?

I did suggest to her to use the Browser version rather than the desktop, could this be the cause?

• Hello,

Browser vs. Desktop Version: Using the browser version might indeed cause different logging behavior compared to the desktop version. The browser might refresh or re-authenticate more frequently, leading to multiple log entries.  
    System User Entries: MYOB has a hidden user called “System” that performs automated tasks, which can also generate multiple log entries.
    Time Zone Settings: Ensure that the time zone settings are correctly configured in MYOB, as discrepancies can sometimes cause confusing log entries.
    Network Issues: Intermittent network connectivity can cause multiple login attempts to be recorded if the connection drops and reconnects frequently.

Best Regards

albert559