Forum Discussion

Stephenchico
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

BANK FEED

I recently lost my credit card and it was replaced. Bank feed still shows the balance of the lost credit card while the bank has transferred it to the new card. I paid the amout owing on the lost card but the bank feed recorded the payment against the new card so I have debit balances showing in bank feed for the lost card account and a credit balance for the new card. How can the balances of the two cards be merged in bank feed to reflect what the bank has done in transferring the balance for the lost card to the new card? I tried doing this via live chat but the operater gave up and just stopped chatting.

• Hi Stephenchico

Thanks for reaching out. 

I understand how important it is that both credit cards have the right ending balances. I would suggest doing a transfer money transaction from the old credit card to the new credit card for the transactions that are supposed to be on the new credit card and the balance. For merging the two cards, this won't be possible but we just need one bank feed to function and inactivate the ledger account for the old credit card.

Feel free to clarify if you have questions or need further information. 

We look forward to your response. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Stephenchico

Thanks for reaching out. 

I understand how important it is that both credit cards have the right ending balances. I would suggest doing a transfer money transaction from the old credit card to the new credit card for the transactions that are supposed to be on the new credit card and the balance. For merging the two cards, this won't be possible but we just need one bank feed to function and inactivate the ledger account for the old credit card.

Feel free to clarify if you have questions or need further information. 

We look forward to your response. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Stephenchico
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you that seems to have worked. It does seem a bit wierd have the bank feed different to the Zero balance achieved on the lost card. Inactivating it will put it out of mind. thanks again.

Looking for something else?

Search the Community Forum for answers or find your topic and get the conversation started!

Community home

Dig into MYOB Academy for free courses, learning paths and live events to help build your business with MYOB.